Traditional string inverters
Traditional string inverters are used in the vast majority of all installations. Panels are wired in a series as a string. The entire system output requires all strings to be the same length, type of panel and positioned at the same angle towards the sun. DC cables connect the panels to the string and carry high voltage as long as the sun is shining.
German engineering – German quality. SMA continues the tradition; providing high yield devices and superb reliability. A multiple award-winner, SMA is the world’s largest manufacturer of solar inverters and monitoring systems. Over 3 gigawatts of SMA solar inverters are installed globally and the company employs over 5,000 people on four continents in twenty-one countries. Around 1,000 of SMA’s workforce are dedicated purely to research and development.
The Power-One Aurora brand of renewable energy power inverters offer best-in-class performance and reliability along with a global customer care package.
Delivering optimised solar energy harvesting and featuring rugged yet stylish enclosures; Power One inverters are perfect for Australia’s often harsh conditions. General attributes of Power One’s popular Aurora inverters include:
- Reduced energy consumption
- Early to wake and late to sleep – get more from the sun each day
- Increased power densities
- Better performance in high temperature environments.
- Less dissipated heat means higher efficiencies
Fronius makes grid-connected solar inverters for systems of all sizes that work reliably and efficiently in all Australian conditions. Fronius was the recipient of the Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Award 2008 for its development of the high-performance Fronius IG Plus PV inverter series and for outstanding service.
– Peak efficiencies of up to 98% in some units
Fronius Inverters yield higher efficiency with the MIX concept, performing well even in low-light (and therefore low input from solar panels) conditions.
– Fronius MIXTM concept: means that Fronius inverters always attain maximum yield, even in the partial load range (i.e. even in sub-optimal or cloudy conditions). The MIXTM concept also extends inverter service life, as a programmed algorithm automatically switches modules on and off as input voltage fluctuates–meaning that the workload is spread around evenly across internal components.
– Printed Circuit Board (PC Board) replacement concept – Fronius inverters are designed with PC board replaceability in mind, so that the entire unit does not need to be disassembled in the event that an issue arises.
The Fronius inverter mounting system makes for easy maintenance
– Inverters equipped with monitoring devices can be tracked online by Fronius, so that troubleshooting can be conducted from a distance and expensive site-visits for simple issues may be avoided. Online monitoring devices are standard with all IG TL inverter models and are available as options for other modules.
– Ventilation concept: All inverters get hot while operating and need to be cooled. Ventilation ducts that pass over the cooling element in Fronius inverters are hermetically sealed, so that outside air which may be carrying dust or other particulate matter never comes in direct contact with the sensitive internal electrical parts. This is one other measure that Fronius takes to ensure the longevity of its inverters.
Fronius high frequency transformer switchover concept means that there are 3 efficiency peaks instead of the usual 1.
– High-frequency transformer switchover: Fronius’ transformer inverters (IG and IG Plus) contain an automatic transformer switchover facility that produces three efficiency peaks, which means a more constant level of efficiency over the operating input voltage range. Many inverters have simply drop from high to low.
The Solivia solar inverters are available in the 2.5, 3.0, 3.3kW and 5.0kW capacities. They offer high peak efficiencies of 96%, a broad voltage range of 125 – 540V, and a high operating temperature up to 70ºC, with full power up to 57ºC. They are suitable for use with back-contact and thin-film modules that require positive or negative grounding.
The Solivia inverter offers an easy to navigate display and possesses an RS485 communication interface. A new and improved the usability of our inverters with a new display that is brighter, offers a wider viewing angle and consumes less power. The display messages can be shown in a choice of 5 different languages (DE, EN, ES, FR, IT).
The Solivia inverters present an elegant and modern design, feature an easy to mount design and the IP65 rating ensures protection of the inverter outdoors.
- Standard 10 year Delta Solivia warranty
- Wide operating temperature ranges: -25 °C to +70 °C
- Intelligent MPP (multi power point) tracking
- Isolation of primary and secondary circuit
- RS485 (EIA485) communication interfaces
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor applications (IP65)
- Without fan
With a R&D team of more than 100 engineers,40% of the staff, who has been deeply engaged in the photovoltaic industry for 10 years, Growatt has a mission to increase the inverter availability and efficiency,putting continuous innovation to make Growatt inverter easier for installation and operation, and more cost-effective for solar plant construction.
Except the R&D team, building an elite service team is Growatt’s another goal. In Growatt, service is not only the basic principle, but also blends into the hearts of the staff, and reflects in the daily work of everyone. In order to improve the service system worldwide,Growatt has established branch offices in Frankfurt, Sydney, Huston, Shenzhen,Hongkong, and Beijing.
- Maximum efficiency of 97.8 % and wide input voltage range
- Transformerless GT Topology
- Compact design
- Bluetooth technology
- Sound control
- Comprehensive Growatt warranty programme
Redefining the grid-tie inverter is a tall order, but that’s exactly what Schneider have done with their Xantrex grid-tie solar inverters.
Schneider’s Xantrex inverters offer superior photovoltaic (PV) energy harvest, easy installation and state-of-the-art design. Their isolated transformer provides safety and reliability, while maintaining high conversion efficiency. They also set a new standard on the market for inverter value, by offering great price to performance ratio.
Superior PV Energy Harvest
Engineered to make the most of a PV grid-tie system investment, Clipsal Xantrex inverters provide high power conversion efficiency, excellent thermal performance, and rapid Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT).
Rapid Maximum Power Point Tracking
The Xantrex algorithm has a rapid response to irradiance change, like moving cloud coverage, that maximises the output energy of connected PV strings. It has a wide input range from 195 to 550 volts DC (GT2/8INVERTER) and 240 to 550 volts DC (GT5/0INVERTER), ensuring the inverter begins to operate earlier in the day, and is more resistant to array shading. It also allows more flexible array sizing.
For small and large systems, Clipsal Xantrex inverters offer high peak and average efficiency, to convert all the valuable energy produced by solar panels into usable electricity.
Excellent Thermal Performance
The design of the inverters are suited to high heat environments, with their large aluminium heat sinks to keep their electronics cool in even the hottest climates. Once the heat sink on the inverter reaches a temperature limit, it reduces its energy output to ensure it doesn’t exceed maximum ratings.
• Operating temperature range is -25 to +65 °C.
Conext RL single-phase grid-tie inverter
Flexible and efficient residential solar solution
The Schneider Electric Conext™ RL inverters are specially designed to maximize yields for a wide range of rooftops of detached houses and multiple dwellings. The rich MPPT features, high energy efficiency, partial shading algorithm and a wide temperature and voltage operating range enables you to maximize your ROI. Backed by Schneider Electric’s global service infrastructure and expertise in energy management, the Conext RL series are the inverters you can trust for quality and reliability.
Conext TL three-phase grid-tie inverters
Ideal solution for commercial buildings, carports and decentralised power plants
The new Conext TL 8, 10, 15 kW and TL 20 kW grid-tie solar inverters are suited for outdoor use and are the ideal solution for commercial buildings, carports and decentralised PV plants up to the MW range. The inverters provide dual MPP (Maximum Power Point) trackers with a wide voltage range, peak efficiency of greater than 98% for fast ROI. The embedded Modbus communication card allows connectivity with a large range of Schneider ElectricTM products, as well as the option to easily add third party monitoring solutions. Backed by Schneider Electric’s global service infrastructure and its expertise in energy management, the Conext TL series are the inverters you can trust for quality and reliability.
Warranty from a trusted partner with over 177 years of experience
World leader in industrial power drives, UPS and electrical distribution
Strong service infrastructure worldwide to support your global needs
Higher return on investment
High conversion efficiency: >98% peak efficiency
Broad operating range to harvest more energy (early mornings and late afternoons)
Higher ROI with dual MPPT
Great value for money: DC switch, AC connectors and RS485 ports are included
Designed for reliability
Robust design through rigorous Multiple Environmental Over Stress Testing (MEOST) and Temperature Humidity Bias (THB)
IP65 compliant rugged, completely sealed unit to stand the harshest environmental conditions
Design and qualified for applications in tropical environments through conformal coating and salt fog testing
Wide MPPT voltage range (350 – 850 V)
Modular system designs using a combination of models
Easy to connect to third party monitoring solutions
Appropriate for outdoor installations (IP65 electronics)
Easy to service
Easily replaceable fan block and communications card
Integrated DC switch
Ability to remotely disable
Easy to install
Easy and fast mounting with included bracket
Pluggable AC and DC Connectors (MC4)
Auto country/multilingual configurations
Samil Power is a solar inverter manufacturer with production plants in China and sales offices in Australia, Germany, UK, Italy, France, USA and China. Samil specialises in all aspects of design, innovation, manufacture, promotion and service of photovoltaic grid-tied inverters. Samil makes a range of high-tech solar inverters for residential and commercial solar applications and has been producing inverters since 2008 (available overseas since 2009).
Samil currently offers three series of grid-tied inverters: the 1-5kW SolarRiver, the 10-17kW SolarLake, and the 100-500kW SolarOcean for large-scale solar photovoltaic (solar PV) installations. Also available are a number of solar PV system accessories: power managers, system performance monitors, and solar array string combiners.
Photon International – The Solar Power Magazine recently published a report of their findings when they tested the Samil Power, SolarRiver Inverter (SR4K4TLA1) in their Photon lab.
Some snapshots from the article…
“…The SolarRiver showed no considerable weaknesses when it came to its efficiency course. The PHOTON efficiency for medium irradiation is 96.5 percent and the PHOTON efficiency for high irradiation at 96.8 percent.”
“Feed-in at nominal power: The inverter feeds in 100 percent of nominal power over the input voltage range from 200 to 450 V at an ambient temperature of 25 °C.”
“All in All, Samil Power’s Solar River SR4KATLA1 earns two A grades for Photon efficiency… it is not only the best inverter produced in Asia that Photon lab has tested so far, but is also one of the best products in the 5kw power class.”